We are committed to providing apprenticeship opportunities for young people within Angus.
Our Modern Apprenticeship (MA) scheme lets you earn while you learn. You’ll get the chance to gain skills, get experience and complete a recognised qualification all while earning a salary.
Why choose Angus Council?
MAs are a great way to start your career. As well as gaining work experience and a qualification, our well-rounded programme means you’ll also get the chance to complete a bespoke MA leadership training programme delivered by Angus Council staff and access to a customer service programme.
Working with us brings many benefits, such as:
- flexible working
- holiday and leave pay
- training, learning and development
- health and wellbeing support and advice
- cycle to work schemes
- plus much more
The closing date for applications for current vacancies was 30 April 2021.
My Job Scotland Career Hub
You can also find out more about the different jobs and departments within the council from some of our staff, who speak about their career journey and their job on the Developing the Young Workforce Dundee and Angus website.
You can also meet our current modern apprentices on this YouTube playlist
Guaranteed Job Interview Scheme
We offer a guaranteed job interview to the following people who meet the essential criteria on application for a job:
- people with disabilities
- young people with recognised caring responsibilities
- care experienced young people including care leavers (up to the age of 26)
- Angus Council employees with caring responsibilities (as set out below)
- Angus Council Modern Apprentices
- young people who have successfully completed Angus Works or Mini Angus Works placement within the council in the current or last academic year
Please refer to Guaranteed Job Interview Scheme for further information.