Civil partnership registration

We have withdrawn face to face registration appointments for the forthcoming period to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 (Coronavirus).

All deaths and still births must now be registered via phone or email and appointments to do this can be made by contacting ACCESSLine on 03452 777 778 or complete our general enquiry form.

If you have a specific enquiry relating to registration of birth, marriages and death, or regarding marriage ceremonies, please contact ACCESSLine on 03452 777 778 or complete our general enquiry form.

All births registrations have been postponed until further notice. This will be kept under review.

The following services remain available by telephone, email or by Skype meeting including:

  • general registration enquiries
  • discussion of marriage ceremonies  
  • copies of extracts (registration certificates)

We will continue to keep this page updated to reflect any changes to government recommendations.

A civil partnership can take place in a registration office or at an approved place.

Each of you must complete and submit a civil partnership notice, along with the required documents and the appropriate fee to the registrar for the district where the ceremony is to take place.

Please note our registrars offices in Montrose, Arbroath and Forfar, operate by appointment only. 

For more information, and to download a civil partnership notice, visit the National Records of Scotland website. Civil partnership notice forms are also available from any of our registration offices.

After your civil partnership has been registered, the registrar will give you a certificate of the entry in the register. 

Additional extracts can be obtained at the time of registration, or within a month, for £10 each. After one month the cost will be £15 for the first extract then £10 per subsequent extract.