Houses in multiple occupation (HMO) licence

A House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) is any living accommodation occupied as an only or main residence by three or more people who are not members of the same family, or of one or other of two families.

The Housing (Scotland) Act 2006 requires that every house in multiple occupation is licensed by us.

The legislation applies not only to ordinary houses, flats and bedsits, but also other residential accommodation such as hostels, student halls of residence and staff accommodation in hotels or hospitals.

Apply for an HMO licence

To apply for an HMO licence visit our licensing pages.

ReportĀ an unlicensed house in multiple occupation

If you suspect a house is in multiple occupation and does not have a licence, please contact us via our general enquiry form:

Report an unlicensed house in multiple occupation

Current list of licensed houses in multiple occupation in Angus


  • 143 High Street, Arbroath, Angus, DD11 1DR
  • Towerbank 9 James Street Arbroath DD11 1JP
  • 3 Ponderlaw Street Arbroath Angus DD11 1EU
  • 10 Doocot Park Arbroath Angus DD11 2NL
  • Crofts Farm Student Accommodation Crofts Farm Carmyllie Arbroath Angus DD11 2RQ
  • 25 West Newgate Arbroath Angus DD11 1BZ


  • 143d River Street Brechin Angus DD9 7ES
  • 143C River Street Brechin Angus DD9 7ES
  • Stracathro Hospital Brechin Angus DD9 7QA


  • Selcourt 57 Carlogie Road Carnoustie Angus DD7 6EW


  • J & J Properties 47 Viewmount Forfar Angus DD8 2AY


  • 1 Hill Street Monifieth DD5 4JR
  • 6/8 Maule Street Monifieth Angus DD5 4JN


  • Murray Lodge, 2-8 Murray Street, Montrose, DD10 8LB


  • Dalvattan Cottage Templeton Christmas Tree Farm Strathmartine Dundee Angus DD3 0PP
  • Minard Cottage Templeton Strathmartine Dundee DD3 0PP