We can arrange treatment for domestic properties which are infested with certain pests. Please only request this service if you are sure that you need a treatment and you meet all the criteria specified below. If a treatment is not carried out, there will be no refund due to the costs incurred by the council and the contractor attending the property.
Before you start
If you live in a council house, please complete our enquiry form giving details of the issue in order that we can discuss the matter before a treatment is arranged.
This service covers the following household pests:
and the following garden pests where they are gaining access to the house in large numbers:
- woodlice (slaters)
We do not treat:
- bed bugs
- bumble bees
- honey bees*
- fruit flies
* We can provide details of local beekeepers who may be prepared to remove the swarm. We will only consider arranging a treatment if the swarm has gained access to a house or outbuilding.
Important limitations to the service due to COVID-19
If we need access to inside your property to carry out the treatment i.e. the house, any outbuildings or garages then there are further limitations to the service as detailed next. These measures are necessary to protect your health and that of our contractors.
- Do not request a treatment if anyone in the property is shielding. If you are in this group, you will receive a letter from the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) or be contacted by your doctor. Further information regarding shielding can be found here - Scottish Government - Coronavirus (COVID-19): shielding support and contacts
- Do not request a treatment if anyone in the property has symptoms of COVID 19. Further information can be found here - NHS inform Coronavirus (COVID-19) self-help guide
- Do not request a treatment unless all occupiers can leave the property for around 20 minutes to enable the treatment to be carried out safely.
- rats and mice £47.30 including VAT per treatment
- insects and wasps £41.70 including VAT per treatment
- admin charge per treatment £11.70
Following your request for the service, treatment will be carried out within two working days.
You can request the service using our online form:
If you require advice on any of the above please complete our enquiry form giving details.