Neighbour problems

If a neighbour is causing you annoyance or nuisance (rather than alarm or distress - which constitutes antisocial behaviour) first try to resolve the problem between yourselves.

Where there is no realistic prospect of you coming to a mutually acceptable agreement:

  • council tenants can report neighbour problems online or call ACCESSLine on 03452 777 778
  • private let households should contact their landlord
  • homeowners should seek legal advice

More information on neighbour disputes is available from Citizens Advice Scotland.