You need permission if your business or organisation needs to use one of our car parks.
If your business or organisation needs permission to park on the street, apply for a parking dispensation.
Applications fall under three categories:
|Category||Example||Admin fee||Charge for loss of parking income|
|1. Fully commercial||building works, removals||
|2. Part commercial||mobile banks or local markets, where the applicant is providing some community benefits||
|3. Community/charity||blood donation vehicles, or the holding of events where the applicant is providing community benefits||no charge||no charge|
Apply at least five days in advance.
We will email you with a decision within five working days.
We may ask you for more information before we make a decision.
You will only be asked for payment once we have approved your application.
Once your application has been approved and payment received, we will email you a copy of the permit to display on the dashboard of your vehicle.
- Parking bay suspensions are available for the purposes of:
- Facilitating the movement of traffic or promoting its safety;
- Any building operation, demolition or excavation;
- Utility works;
- Furniture removal;
- Funerals or special occasions; and
- Event management
- A suspension will not be granted, for any purpose other than that stated in the application.
- Failure to comply with these terms & conditions shall lead to the withdrawal of the suspension.
- An administration fee will be taken prior to a suspension being granted. An additional fee will be applied to offset the loss of parking spaces, and income where parking charges apply. In locations where parking bays are not individually marked a space will be calculated for every 5.5m of the parking place that is required for the suspension.
- All suspensions shall be appropriately signed and coned by the applicant and every effort will be made to ensure that suspensions are kept clear of unauthorised vehicles throughout the period of the suspension. If a vehicle is parked in the suspended area then please alert the council.
- Parking bay suspensions shall only be valid during the specified times and dates, as detailed in the application. The duration of a suspension can be extended providing sufficient notice is given to the council and an additional pro-rata fee is paid in advance.
- Suspensions shall not be transferable and no refunds shall be given for periods of unused time. In the event that the suspension is not required until the end of the agreed period, the applicant must notify the council immediately, so that arrangements can be made for the reopening of the parking bay(s).
- The council reserves the right to inspect the suspended parking place at all reasonable times for the purposes of verifying the works and/or authenticity of the suspension.
- The vehicle(s) or other objects should be parked/placed responsibly and must not be located in such a manner as to cause an obstruction to other parking place users or pedestrians.
- The suspension must be withdrawn and the vehicle relocated if requested to do so by a Parking Attendant or Police Officer in uniform. This will only happen in circumstances where emergency access or traffic flow is impeded.
- Failure to comply with the suspension terms and conditions shall result in the suspension being withdrawn, future suspension requests being refused and/or a Penalty Charge Notice being issued, as appropriate.
- The applicant/driver of any vehicle in the suspended bay must provide a telephone number and/or address at which he/she can be immediately contacted.
- The cones used to suspend the bay(s) are the responsibility of the person/company requesting the suspension.
Suspension Fees: (To be paid upon application if approved – no fee is payable where suspension is needed for the operation of council’s statutory functions).
i) Part of car park, from 1 parking bay up to 50% occupancy, £25 per application for up to 5 days, plus £12.50 per month or part month thereafter;
ii) Part of car park, more than 50% occupancy, £50 per application for up to 5 days, plus £25 per month or part month thereafter; and
iii) Entire car park (regardless of number of parking bays), £50 per application for up to 5 days, plus £50 per month or part month thereafter.
In addition to the administration fee a further charge is applied as follows, to off-set loss of parking spaces and income where charges apply.
Additional loss of parking bays fee:
iv) For free car parks – no charge for up to 5 days then £5/week or part-week/bay or part bay thereafter; and
v) For charged for car parks – charge of £4/per day or part day/bay or part bay thereafter.