The National Entitlement Card (NEC) is for
- Over 60s
- Young people aged 11 to 15 proving entitlement to child fare on buses and trains
- Young people aged 16-18
- Young people aged 19-25 who are full-time volunteers
- people with a disability.
Find out if you qualify for an NEC on the Transport Scotland website.
You can also read about travel discounts, and find answers to frequently asked questions on the Improvement Service website.
How to apply
You can apply for a National Entitlement Card (bus pass) online at the Get Your NEC website. From here you can also:
- request a photo update
- request a replacement card
- apply to renew an expired/expiring card
You will be guided through the application process online.
When you complete your application, you will need a device with a camera or a webcam (laptop/tablet/mobile) to take an image of your proof of entitlement and a photo for uploading.
There are different options for doing this:
- Use your Yoti account. If you are applying for disabled concessionary travel you will also need to upload proof of entitlement.
- Upload a copy of your photocard driving licence, plus, a digital photograph. If you are applying for disabled concessionary travel you will also need to upload proof of entitlement.
- Upload a copy of your passport a digital photograph and proof of address. If you are applying for disabled concessionary travel you will also need to upload proof of entitlement.
Once your application has been processed your NEC will be delivered to your home address within four weeks of applying.
If you are experiencing difficulties with your application, please visit one of our libraries. For information on new library opening times visit the Angus Alive website.