Apply for road construction consent

Road construction consent (RCC) is required for new roads for industrial or commercial developments as well as housing sites with more than five properties.

Please use the following forms to apply for road construction consent:

You need only inform those people whose land lies directly adjacent to or forms part of the new road. A road includes a footway or verge.

The people you have informed should be listed on the CC2 form and returned with your application form to Roads and Transportation, Angus House, Silvie Way, Orchardbank Business Park, Forfar DD8 1AN.

You should email the plans to

If nobody is required to be informed please submit and mark the CC2 form with ‘none’.

We are happy to set up a pre-application meeting before you apply for consent, and would also advise that you seek professional assistance.

Contact Roads and Transportation via ACCESSLine on 03452 777 778 for further information or to arrange a pre-application meeting.

For information on applying for planning permission for developments visit our planning and building pages.