Schools and clubs can work together to promote local sporting opportunities much more effectively. Active Schools can help to establish that partnership and look at ways to promote your club. Children are more likely to be part of the club if they have had a go at the sport or they have met the club coaches in the familiar surrounding of their school.
If you are interested in establishing a link with Active Schools to promote your club in schools and you need more information please contact the Active Schools Coordinator in your area.
"Strathmore Community Rugby Trust is delighted to be working in partnership with Active Schools in Angus. Both organisations are passionate about providing more opportunities for people to be more active in their communities, particularly young people. We are firm believers that sport, in particular rugby, has the power to change people’s lives and we look forward to building on our relationship with the Active Schools Team in years to come."
Maggie Lawrie - Community Project Coordinator for Strathmore Community Rugby Trust
The benefits of developing a school club link
Creating partnerships between schools and clubs helps to create continuity between school sports and sport in the wider community.
Benefits for the club:
- raise the club profile
- boost junior membership
- potential new income
- new opportunities for children to develop through ‘your’ sport
- potential to share resources; equipment, facilities, coaching expertise
- access to additional facilities
- coach and volunteer development
Benefits for the school:
- specialist coaching to complement and support the teaching programme
- clear pathways for children to participate in sport outside of school
- wider range of sports available for pupils
- improved performance and sporting success
- access to better facilities
- increase in the number of school children keeping active, fit and healthy
- contribute to a young person’s health & wellbeing
- raise the school profile
- positive sporting and community image
Community Sports Hubs
Community Sports Hubs bring together sport clubs and key local partners who want to develop and grow the sporting offering in the community. They focus on sustainable, community-led approaches that get clubs working together to develop a welcoming, safe and fun environments for sport.
There are several Community Sports Hubs across Angus run by the Community Sports Hub team with our partners ANGUSalive.
For more information on the hubs or how to get involved please contact them by going to their page: Angus Community Sports Hubs.