This has been set up by the Scottish Government to deliver a flexible and user-based model of employability support for people from school leaving age up to 67 years (Pensionable age) and the Opportunities for All commitment to young people aged 16-19. This project is in its initial phase and currently supports:
- Activity Agreements
- an Employer Recruitment Incentive/In Work Training Allowance
Participants must be:
- able to live and work in the UK
- currently not in employment, training or education
- aged 16-29 (16-19 for activity agreements)
- at risk of not making a successful transition from school
- six months from their official school leaving date
- facing one or more barriers to employment
Anyone on the Scottish Government’s Fair Start Scotland programme is not eligible.
Information for employers:
The In-work training allowance is for small to medium-sized companies with up to 250 employees who are willing to employ an eligible participant with barriers to employment. They can be in the private or third sectors. They must meet the following conditions:
- companies must demonstrate they can offer sustained employment
- eligible participants must be offered a sustainable job with the company
- the job must be a new job that would not have been created without access to the In-Work Training Allowance
- eligible participants must be earning more than £8000 per year
For information on eligibility criteria contact Angus Council Skills Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Activity Agreements contact LearningChoice@angus.gov.uk.