In October 2020 a bid for funding to replace Monifieth High School was made as part of the Scottish Government’s Learning Estate Investment Programme. Angus Council received notification in December 2020 that funding for the project was approved.
An initial consultation investigating the opportunities for inclusion within the new Monifieth Learning Campus ran from 23 March 2021 until 21 April 2021.
The initial consultation phase involved a number of key groups in addition to an open community consultation, including:
- community groups
- children and young people of Monifieth High School and cluster primary schools
- parent/ carers of Monifieth High School and cluster Primary Schools
- staff of Monifieth High School
- other Public Bodies who may have an interest in the development
- specific council departments including Roads and Transportation, Communities Team for Monifieth, Planning
Following collation and assessment of all consultation responses, a consultation report was considered at Angus Council on 24 June 2021.