Report a change of address (schools)

You should advise your child’s current school when you change address by printing and completing the following form

The form is also available from schools. This should be submitted to the school with two proofs of your new address such as:

  • Council Tax letter
  • bank/building society statement
  • credit card statement
  • utility bill (electricity, gas, phone)
  • utility connection letter
  • driving licence or V5 vehicle registration document
  • social work letter
  • Child Support Agency letter
  • Department of Works and Pensions letter
  • HMRC letter

If your new address is outwith the catchment area of the school you will be fully responsible for the arrangement and cost of transporting your child to and from school.

Attending a primary school does not give any priority for a secondary school place unless it is your child’s catchment secondary school.