We offer support to children, young people and their families where there are concerns about the welfare of children or where parents need additional help to allow them to cope.
We work with children and young people from birth to 18 years and sometimes with parents before a child is born.
Anyone can contact us for support either for themselves, or because they have concerns regarding the welfare or safety of a child. Call ACCESSLine on 03452 777 778.
The type of support we provide includes:
- assessments to help decide if parents can care for children or would benefit from extra support
- reports that provide information to the Children's Hearing system
- one to one work with children, young people or work alongside parents to consider specific problem issues
- family work which may look at relationships between family members
- group work with parents to help develop their parenting knowledge and with children to address concerns and challenge behaviour