AIDARS is an integrated health and social work service incorporating Angus Council’s Alcohol, Drugs and Blood Borne Virus Team and NHS Tayside’s Substance Misuse Service. AIDARS provides a person-centred, whole family approach to assessment and intervention with adults who misuse drugs and alcohol.
AIDARS covers the whole of Angus through two locality-based teams. The North Locality Team covers Brechin, Montrose, Forfar and Kirriemuir. The South Locality Team covers Arbroath, Carnoustie and Monifieth.
Services provided include:
- motivational and enhancement therapy
- in-patient and community detox for alcohol, opiates and opiate replacement therapy
- recovery care planning and self-directed support
- overdose awareness (including Naloxone dispensing), harm reduction, and BBV testing and support
- relapse prevention in groups and one-to-one, supported by medication if required
- psychological interventions
To make a referral contact:
12-14 Seaton Road