Angus Trusted Trader Scheme
Angus is part of the well-established and nationally branded Trusted Trader Scheme.
Trusted Trader was originally started by Dundee Council in 2005 and is a Council-backed official Trading Standards scheme as well as a recognised brand. By 2007 the Trusted Trader shaking hands logo became a UK Trademark and a recognisable symbol of consumer trust. Many local authorities across Scotland operate official trader schemes and all of these can be found on the SCOTSS website.
Angus is using Trusted Directory Services, an experienced Local Authority solutions provider, to manage a web-based Angus Trusted Trader Scheme. The advantages are that it will also be able to link-in with other similar Local Authority Schemes in Scotland, using a common web address www.trustedtrader.scot, allowing consumers from any locality to access trader details from all participating Local Authorities.
- will be audited by trading standards and have trading standards support if necessary to investigate any dispute in a fair and impartial way
- must conform to an agreed Code of Practice, ensuring fair and honest business practices
- will be given a higher profile and exposure across the Angus area
- may use the Trusted Trader logo and branding on materials and vehicles
Consumers can be reassured that:
- all members have been vetted by Angus trading standards
- members must adhere to a monitored and managed complaints process
- trader feedback is 100% genuine and checked
If you would like to search for a reputable trader or learn more about the Angus Trusted Trader Scheme, then follow this link:
How to join
If you are a trader and are interested in becoming a member, you should follow the application process for Angus Trusted Trader online via the Angus Trusted Trader website.
Or call the membership team on 0333 444 0295.