Check your bin collection days and download a calendar for your property
If your waste has not been collected you can report a missed bin
Where and when to put bins out
- put your bin out for collection by 7am
- try to leave it where it won't obstruct people with visual impairments
- check the bin's handles are facing the road - it's easier for the collection crew
- take your bin back in as soon as possible once it's been emptied
- mark your bin with your house number
- garden waste is not uplifted in December and January.
Winter weather information
Where collections are missed due to snow and/or ice, we will endeavour to return within our service standards:
- two working days for towns
- three working days for rural areas
When collections are cancelled due to snow and/or ice, bins or caddies should be removed from the pavement and presented on the next scheduled collection day.
For households with extra waste the following will apply:
- general waste – a reasonable amount of bags will be accepted on next collection (securely tied and put next to bin)
- mixed recycling – a reasonable amount of bags will be accepted alongside the next scheduled general waste collection (we cannot accept bags with recycling).
- food – no side waste will be taken, we will return on next scheduled collection
- compost – return on next scheduled day – no side waste accepted.
We will revert to our strict 'no side waste' policy following any extreme weather event.