The simplest and most convenient way to pay your council tax is by direct debit. You can set this up online.
Before starting this form, please read our Revenues and Benefits Privacy Statement for details on how we will use your personal information.
Council Tax can also be paid securely online by credit or debit card.
Alternatively call 03452 777 778. Please have your bank account number and sort code to hand.
You can pay monthly on either 1st, 9th, 16th or 24th of each month over either a maximum of 10 or 12 instalments within the current financial year as follows:
- in 10 monthly instalments - April to January inclusive
- in 12 monthly instalments - April to March inclusive
You can also pay weekly or fortnightly and payment are usually collected on or around Friday as follows:
- in 21 two weekly instalments – April to January inclusive
- in 26 two weekly instalments – April to March inclusive
- in 42 weekly instalments – April to January inclusive
- in 52 weekly instalments – April to March inclusive
You can also pay in one lump sum on or before 1 May each year
If you wish to change your payment date contact us on 03452 777 778.
If you are having difficulties paying your bill, please get in touch with us straight away. Don't wait for a reminder or other letter. It may be possible for some other system of payment to be arranged.
If you have received a reminder notice or notice of summary warrant and you want to make a payment arrangement please use the following online form to submit your payment proposal.