Public entertainment licence

A Public Entertainment Licence is required for the use of buildings or land as a place of public entertainment, whether or not you pay to access the entertainment.

More information, including a list of activities which require a Public Entertainment Licence, is included in our guidance notes.

Please note you must submit a copy of your Public Liability Insurance Certificate when submitting your application form.
Licence period
1 year
Capacity of venue/ event1 Year/Temp3 Year
less than 200£172£343
200 to 1499£244£488
1500 to 4999£428£857
5000 to 9999£613£1225
10,000 +£917£1834