Sexual entertainment venues

A Sexual entertainment venue licence is required for the use of any premises at which sexual entertainment is provided before a live audience for (or with a view to) the financial gain of the organiser.

The Angus Council Civic Licensing Committee have adopted a licensing policy statement in relation to the licensing of sexual entertainment venues. This details how to apply for a licence. Please ensure that you review this before applying for a licence. 

It is possible to apply for a waiver which, if granted, would mean that you don’t require the licence. Please review the licensing policy statement for further information in relation to this. 

You should not operate as a sexual entertainment venue without obtaining a licence or a waiver unless you are relying on the occasional use exemption.

If a licence is granted, conditions will be attached. Please see the licensing policy statement for details on which conditions will be applied as standard and how additional conditions may be added.

Licence period
Licences/waivers are granted for a maximum period of 12 months.

An application fee is payable. The fee is currently £917 for new grants and renewals.

Please contact for information on how to pay.

Application form(s)

Changes to your licence

You must notify us in writing of any changes to the details of the licence. This information should be submitted, in writing, within one month of the changes taking place.

If the need for the licence becomes redundant, you should surrender the licence to us as soon as possible.


Please contact if you have any queries.

The Licensing Team are able to provide general guidance on licensing administration but cannot assist you to complete your application form or provide legal advice on whether a licence is required. You should seek legal advice from a solicitor or advice centre if you are unsure as to whether you require a licence.