Theatre licence

If you want to run a theatre or put on a public performance of a play, you will need to apply for a Public Entertainment Licence.

A ‘play’ includes any dramatic piece, involving speech, singing or action and the playing of a role. This includes ballets and musicals. A Public Entertainment Licence is normally required even where entry to the performance is free of charge.

A Public Entertainment Licence can be obtained for either one year or three years.

Application forms

Please apply using the Public entertainment licence form.