Following the decision by Angus Council taken on 21 June 2022 (Report No. 152/22) to progress with the building of a new Monifieth Learning Campus, the team delivering the project is now seeking views regarding the Pre-Planning application design proposals. The design reflects the outcomes of previous consultations which can be found on this link: Report 222/21
Convener of Children and Learning, Councillor Lynne Devine said, “This is a very exciting time for the Monifieth Learning Campus project as we reveal the initial proposals. These are based on the outcomes of previous consultations and have been carefully budgeted. However, this is the time when the building starts to move from an abstract idea to actual proposals and people can imagine what it will really be like and give their views.
“I’d like to encourage everyone with a stake in this new building whether their young people are at the high school now or still at primary schools, to either come along and chat to the team or take advantage of the ways to get involved online. We want everyone to be as fully informed as possible.”
The current design proposals can be viewed in person at several drop-in events when there will also be the opportunity to speak to members of the design team. These are being held on:
- TODAY Thursday 28 July 2022 anytime between 3.00pm to 6.30pm, at Monifieth High School, Panmurefield Road, Monifieth, DD5 4QT
- Tuesday 2 August 2022 anytime between 4.00pm to 6.00pm, at Birkhill Primary School, Dronley Road, Birkhill, DD2 5QD
- Wednesday 24 August 2022 anytime between 4.00pm to 7.00pm, at Monifieth High School, Panmurefield Road, Monifieth, DD5 4QT
Those who cannot make the physical events can view the proposals in Monifieth Library or on the Angus Council Website* from 28 July 2022 to 26 August 2022 on this link: https://www.angus.gov.uk/monifiethlearningcampus.
Any comments can be submitted by either:
- attending in person at the events or
- writing (or emailing) to the Director – Education and Lifelong Learning (address below) or
- completing the online survey at: https://www.angus.gov.uk/monifiethlearningcampus
All comments to be recorded must be received no later than 26 August 2022.
The other partners in the construction proposals, contractors Roberston, Architects Norr and the Procurement Hub also support the pre planning application process:
Kevin Cooper Director of NORR said, “NORR is delighted to be involved in this highly sustainable project which will have a positive, transformational impact on the learning environment for the staff and students of Monifieth High School.” “
Kevin Dickson, regional managing director, Robertson Construction Tayside, said: “We have been working closely with Angus Council on the proposals for the new learning campus at Monifieth. The proposed new campus further illustrates the council’s commitment to investment in education and in the health and wellbeing of local community users. The community has played a key role in the designing of the new campus, and we are excited to unveil how their feedback has been reflected on the proposed designs now being put forward. We are proud to be the contractor of choice and look forward to hearing the views of the local community.”
Louise Dodds, client relationship manager, Procurement Hub – Major Projects, said: “We are delighted to be the framework of choice for the development of this new education campus in Angus, which has enabled a flexible solution to be proposed. We are sure that the local community will be as excited by the proposals as we are, and we look forward to hearing their views.”
A final public drop in event will take place on:
- Thursday 15 September 2022 from 4.00pm to 7.00pm, at Monifieth High School, Panmurefield Road, Monifieth, DD5 4QT
This event will showcase the updated design proposals, reflecting the feedback received, with a further opportunity to discuss with members of the project team. The updated design proposals will also be available on this website from 15 September 2022 prior to the event on the same link as above.
People attending the final event will have the opportunity to have their comments recorded and those not able to attend in person should write to the Director – Education and Lifelong Learning (address below) or complete a further online survey which will be available until 23 September 2022
Please note: All comments must be sent to Angus Council Schools, Education and Lifelong Learning and not Angus Council Planning Authority. People will have the opportunity to make representations to Angus Council Planning Authority when a formal planning application is made.
* Anyone without internet connection at home access the Angus Council Monifieth Learning Campus website pages via computers in any ANGUSAlive libraries such as Monifieth Library, 48 High St, Monifieth, Dundee DD5 4BJ. This library is open Tuesday 14:00 - 18:00, Wednesday 11.00-16.30 Thursday 11.00-16.30 and Saturday 10:00 - 13:00
Please write to:
Director, Education and Lifelong Learning
Orchardbank Business Park
Email address: MonifiethLCProject@angus.gov.uk