Dangerous buildings

To report a dangerous building or structure, use our online form.

The form is for general reporting only. If you think the issue is an emergency, please call ACCESSLine on 03452 777 778.

Report a dangerous building

Where possible, we'll open your report during office hours (9am to 5pm). We will inspect your issue as soon as possible after that.

We investigate reports of dangerous buildings on a priority basis. This is dependent on various risk factors.

When not to use the online form


If you think the issue is an emergency call ACCESSLine on 03452 777 778.

General building defects

Don't use the form to report defects relating to maintenance which don't have the potential to cause a danger to the public.

Use the links provided to report the following situations:

Angus Council housing

Housing repairs and maintenance.

Private rented housing

Contact registered social landlord or private landlords to report defects with private rented housing.

Construction sites

Report health and safety issues to the Health and Safety Executive.

Gas leaks

Call National Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999.

Roads and pavements

Report It


Report dangerous or fallen trees


Report escape of water or leaks to Scottish Water.