If you need to move home because of a health problem or to get support, we can help by carrying out an assessment of your housing and support needs.
We will look at whether you need a certain type of home such as:
- ground floor
- housing for wheelchairs
- sheltered housing.
We can also award additional priority for housing based on your housing and support needs.
This type of housing is designed to meet the needs of people who are normally aged 60 or over.
The key features of sheltered housing are:
- an emergency community alarm service
- communal lounge facilities
- laundry facilities
Contact us if you feel your home no longer meets your needs, or you want to apply for sheltered housing.
This service has all the features of sheltered housing along with the following additional support provision:
- located in purpose built sheltered housing complexes
- controlled entry access to complexes
- dining facilities with meals provision
- cleaning of common areas
- specially equipped bathrooms
If you would like to find out more about supported housing you can:
- contact your care manager, if you have one
- contact the council