Recycling centres

Hand push, electric and petrol lawnmowers are all accepted at council recycling centres.

Electric lawnmowers go in the small electricals skip.

If hand push and petrol lawnmowers are at least 70% metal, they should be left in the scrap metal skip. If they are a mix of materials (such as wood and metal) the parts should be separated and put in the appropriate skips. If this is not possible, the items should be disposed of in a nonrecyclable (general waste) skip available at Arbroath, Forfar and Montrose recycling centres. 

Special uplifts

Arrangements can be made for the council to uplift these items for a cost.

Petrol mowers

Petrol mowers must be drained of fuel before being uplifted or taken to a recycling centre.