Angus is a great place to live, work and visit
Current vacancies are listed on My Job Scotland.
You can also follow My Job Scotland on Twitter.
If none of the vacancies are of interest, try again at a later date. New vacancies are listed every Wednesday or you can register for job alerts.
We do not accept general expressions of interest in employment.
Our recruitment privacy statement outlines how we handle your personal information.
We value our employees. Benefits of working with us include but are not limited to:
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We are positive about equality, diversity and inclusion.
We are committed to promoting opportunities for all.
We have our Defence Employers Recognition Scheme Gold Award.
We run regular events, activities and awareness raising initiatives with a focus on equality, diversity and inclusion. We have policies and procedures which support this.
We welcome applications from all, particularly those from under represented groups.
- anyone who has or considers themselves to have a disability
- young people with recognised caring responsibilities
- care experienced young people, including care leavers up to the age of 26
- employees with significant caring responsibilities
- current Angus Council Modern and Graduate Apprentices
- young people who have successfully completed an Angus Works placement within the council in the current or last academic term.
Our Equalities Mainstreaming Report outlines the progress we have made in promoting equality and good relations amongst diverse groups in the community and within our workforce.
If you feel you have been treated unfairly you can raise this with us by writing to:
The Chief Executive
Orchardbank Business Park
- acknowledge receipt of your complaint within five working days
- give you a written response within 20 working days
Apprenticeships and Internships
We are committed in our workforce plan to invest in young people and to work with our partners to create and support Foundation, Modern and Graduate Apprenticeship and Internships.
Through the workforce plan we will aim to create opportunities for care experienced young people and young people with disabilities.
This helps us to support and develop young people’s skills and for them to build successful careers within Angus, which in turn helps us with our succession planning.
Find out about vacancies and view our Apprenticeship and Internship Charter on our Modern Apprenticeships page.
We are happy to talk flexible working. Many employees enjoy the freedom of choosing a working pattern that suits them as much as it suits the organisation.
For most roles we encourage, as much as possible, our employees and teams to work agilely.
This includes making the most of our ongoing digital investments and improvements to work at alternative locations.
Generous annual leave
Our local government employees get 25 days annual leave per year plus public holidays.
After five years of continuous service, this increases to 30 days.
Employees can also purchase up to 10 additional annual leave days per year. Most roles in school work term-time only. Employees on teachers’ terms and conditions get 40 annual leave days per annum plus 25 school closure days.
Angus Council has a pension scheme run by the Tayside Pension Fund for Local Government Employees.
As an employer, we contribute 17% to the pensions of employees who choose to be part of the scheme.
To learn more visit Tayside Pension Fund.
The Scottish Public Pensions Agency (SPPA) administer pensions for those on teaching terms and conditions.
Salary sacrifice schemes and discounts
Our salary sacrifice schemes include:
- Tusker care benefit scheme
- annual leave purchase scheme
- cycle to work scheme
Angus Council employees can also access discounts on retail, eating out, travel and other services.
Training and development
We will give you the opportunity to develop the skills you need to do your job and develop during your time with us.
- comprehensive induction
- opportunities such as coaching, mentoring, job shadowing, workshops and e-learning
- Employee Voice sessions to allow you to have your say
- annual performance and development reviews, based on our values, help you grow into your role as well as highlight opportunities for further career development
Your successes will be recognised through our Hive Five feedback opportunities and our Great People campaign.