Scottish Government Storm Babet funding applications

Friday 15 December 2023

Was your home flooded by Storm Babet? Have you applied for the £1500 Scottish Government funding?

We have received and processed 155 applications, but we know many more people will be eligible to apply.

Who can apply?

Angus Council tenants, homeowners and those who rent privately. Whether you were insured or non-insured. You also don’t need to wait until you have your new tenancy.


If your home is on the ground floor and you had water in your property.

Properties whose garden flooded only or those with second homes are not eligible.

You can apply in the following ways:

  • online from our website
  • in person at The Crickety in Brechin, Monday to Thursday 10am to 2pm, where council staff will be on hand to support people to apply.
  • via ACCESSLine on 03452 777 778.

Additional support

Remember, this fund is just one means of support available. If you need further help or have any questions, please get in touch with council staff at the drop-in at The Crickety, by completing an enquiry form on our flood recovery page of the website or by calling 03452 777 778.

If you are having issues with your insurance company in claiming insurance or in getting new insurance, please contact Scottish Flood Forum on 0131 563 9392 or visit their website.