Roadworks and applying for road closures

Roadworks information

Scottish Road Works Online

View an interactive map of current and planned roadworks in Angus and Scotland, including work carried out by local authorities and utility companies.

Search for roadworks by road name, place and postcode, and filter results by authority, date and type of works.

Traffic Scotland

Gives details of roadworks, closures and other delays and disruptions on Scotland's trunk road network.

Angus has one trunk road, the A90(T) Dundee to Aberdeen road. The A90 is the responsibility of Transport Scotland.

The council is responsible for the A92 Dundee to Arbroath to Montrose road.

Apply for a road closure

You need permission if you need to use part of the road for your business, works or an event.


If you are carrying out roadworks you need to apply for a permit:

Placing objects or obstructions on the road or pavement

For example tables and chairs on the street outside your premises.

Occupy a portion of the road temporarily

For example to erect scaffolding, staging or hoarding.

Public procession

If you intend to hold a public procession, march or parade.

Skip permit

Temporary road closure / traffic restriction for works or events

For works or an event such as a rally or race which requires the closure of a public road. 


  • closures up to five days: £302.70
  • closures of six days or longer: £443.95 plus advert costs