Roadworks and road closures


Apply for a road closure

You need permission if you need to use part of the road for your business, works or an event.


If you are carrying out roadworks you need to apply for a permit:

Placing objects or obstructions on the road or pavement

For example tables and chairs on the street outside your premises.

Occupy a portion of the road temporarily

For example to erect scaffolding, staging or hoarding.

Public procession

If you intend to hold a public procession, march or parade.

Skip permit

Temporary road closure / traffic restriction for works or events

For works or an event such as a rally or race which requires the closure of a public road.


  • closures up to five days: £333.00
  • closures of six days or longer: £488.35 (does not include advert costs)