Financial help towards your care costs

If you are assessed as needing support and care, either in your home or in a care home, you may have to pay something towards the cost.

The amount you will have to pay is based on your financial circumstances. The Government decides the rules and limits that apply.

There are three types of financial help available towards your care costs:

  • free personal care
  • free nursing care
  • financial help from Angus Council, depending on your financial circumstances

To find out how much financial help you will be entitled to from us and how much you will have to pay towards the cost of your care, you can use our online financial assessment form. 

Financial assessment form

More information on the type of help and support available to you is available on these pages: