Roadworks and applying for road closures

Roadworks information

Scottish Road Works Online

View an interactive map of current and planned roadworks in Angus and Scotland, including work carried out by local authorities and utility companies.

Search for roadworks by road name, place and postcode, and filter results by authority, date and type of works.

Traffic Scotland

Gives details of roadworks, closures and other delays and disruptions on Scotland's trunk road network.

Angus has two trunk roads, the A90 and A92. The A90 is the responsibility of Transport Scotland. The council is responsible for the A92.

Apply for a road closure

If you are carrying out roadworks you need to apply for a road opening permit.

If you wish to place objects or obstructions in the road - for example if you wish to place tables and chairs on the street outside your premises - you must apply for Road occupation consent.

Other permits and permissions applying to roads and pavements: