Skips will be placed at River Street in Brechin from this afternoon to assist with the clean-up process after Storm Babet.
They will be sited at two locations:
Inch car park
The car parking area to the rear of 60-80 River Street.
The skips are solely for the use of residents in the area who have been affected by the flooding and will be available between 8am and 2pm daily.
Our waste and recycling staff will be at the skips to provide assistance where required.
- White goods and other electrical items should be placed beside the skip, not in it, as electrical items must be disposed of separately.
- White goods must be empty – any food items, or soiled clothes etc. should be removed and contained in a black bags, which can be placed in a skip.
- No hazardous materials will be accepted (e.g. gas bottles or hazardous liquids).
- Our staff can assist anyone who is not able to get their white goods to the skips on their own – please leave items outside your affected property address and we will take them.
- A non-recyclable (general) waste skip is currently available at Brechin RC, specifically for those residents who have been affected by the flooding.
- General waste skips are also available at other recycling sites in Angus. Go to our recycling centres page for information, including Recycling Centre operating hours.
We also want to remind people that they should not dispose of any items that are subject to an insurance claim until they are authorised to do so by their insurers.
We have a Flood recovery support webpage with information for people and businesses affected by the severe flooding.