Universal credit


Universal credit and Council Tax

Your Universal Credit claim does not include any reductions or discounts towards your Council Tax bill. You need to claim this separately.

To find out more and apply for a reduction, exemption or discount visit our Council Tax information page.

You also have to tell us when your circumstances change.

If you need help completing the online form contact our welfare rights service or your local Citizens Advice Bureau. They also provide information relating to Council Tax debt and arrears.

You can calculate the amount of Council Tax reduction and any other benefits you may be entitled to by completing our online benefit calculator.