Carnoustie recycling centre
Visits by appointment only.
Transit-type vehicles, trailers and commercial waste accepted.
We don't accept non-recyclable (general) waste. Take this to Arbroath, Forfar or Montrose.
Do not visit if you have COVID-19 symptoms or are self-isolating.
You can book appointments at the following times:
- Monday: 10am to 4pm (closed 12.30pm to 1pm)
- Tuesday: closed
- Wednesday (April to September): 1pm to 7pm (closed 4.30pm to 5pm)
- Thursday: closed
- Friday: 10am to 4pm (closed 12.30pm to 1pm)
- Saturday: 10am to 4pm (closed 12.30pm to 1pm)
- Sunday: 10am to 4pm (closed 12.30pm to 1pm)
Monifieth and Arbroath recycling centres are open on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Household waste disposal permits
Household waste disposal permits will not be required until further notice.
When you arrive
- staff will direct you to the unloading area
- handrails will be cleaned regularly to keep customers and site staff safe
- only one person per vehicle should exit the vehicle, unless it is absolutely necessary for a second person to assist with lifting and handling
- staff will not be available to help you lift due to physical distancing requirements
- stay two metres away from others at all times
- visits should be as brief as possible - sort your waste before you travel
Please be kind to site staff – anyone not following site rules will be asked to leave
- cans, cartons and plastic bottles and tubs
- car batteries
- carpet and underlay
- cooking or engine oil
- fluorescent tubes and lightbulbs
- garden waste
- gas bottles (butane/propane)
- glass bottles and jars
- small helium gas canisters, used for inflating balloons. (Before disposal please release any remaining helium outdoors to ensure canisters are empty and there is no residual pressure in the cylinder).
- household batteries
- scrap metal
- small electrical items
- soil and turf
- textiles (shoes, clothes and handbags)
- white goods such as fridges/freezers
If you are throwing out bulky household items that you can't take to a recycling centre, the household special uplift service is available.