Forfar recycling centre
Do not visit if you have COVID-19 symptoms or are self-isolating.
Monday: 9.15am to 4pm
Tuesday: 9.15am to 4pm
Wednesday: 12.15pm to 7pm
Thursday: 9.15am to 4pm
Friday: 9.15am to 4pm
Saturday: 9.15am to 4pm
Sunday: 9.15am to 4pm
Vehicles and permits
Smaller vehicles such as cars and small vans do not need to pre-book a visit.
Transit-type vans and trailers must be pre-booked.
|No need to pre-book- cars and small vans||Examples|
standard wheelbase lengths only
|Book in advance - larger vans and trailers||Examples|
Household waste disposal permits will not be required until further notice.
When you arrive
- staff will direct you to the unloading area
- handrails will be cleaned regularly to keep customers and site staff safe
- staff will not be available to help you lift due to physical distancing requirements
- stay two metres away from others at all times
- visits should be as brief as possible - sort your waste before you travel
- a limit on the number of vehicles allowed onto the site at any one time and a one in/one out system applied
- only one person per vehicle should exit the vehicle, unless it is absolutely necessary for a second person to assist with lifting and handling.
Please be kind to site staff – anyone not following site rules will be asked to leave
- non-recyclable general waste - this is only for items such as black bag waste that cannot be recycled.
- cans, cartons and plastic bottles and tubs
- car batteries
- cooking or engine oil
- fluorescent tubes and lightbulbs
- garden waste
- gas bottles (butane/propane)
- glass bottles and jars
- small helium gas canisters, used for inflating balloons. (Before disposal please release any remaining helium outdoors to ensure canisters are empty and there is no residual pressure in the cylinder).
- household batteries
- scrap metal
- small electrical items
- soil and turf
- textiles (shoes, clothes and handbags)
- white goods such and fridges and freezers
Coronavirus contaminated waste must be double-bagged and stored securely for 72 hours before bringing it to site.
Furniture and other household goods
You can leave household goods in good order at the Starter Packs Angus cabin.
Furniture or other bulky household items can be disposed of using the household special uplift service.
Soil enhancer is available from this site.
Householders can collect up to three bags a day, using their own bags.
Transit-type vans and trailers must pre-book and all customers must have a pre-paid disposal voucher. Details at commercial waste at recycling centres.