Montrose recycling centre
Do not visit if you have COVID-19 symptoms or are self-isolating.
Monday: 9.15am to 4pm
Tuesday: 9.15am to 4pm
Wednesday (April to September): 12.15pm to 7pm
Wednesday (October to March): 9.15am to 4pm
Thursday: 9.15am to 4pm
Friday: 9.15am to 4pm
Saturday: 9.15am to 4pm
Sunday: 9.15am to 4pm
Vehicles and permits
Smaller vehicles such as cars and small vans do not need to pre-book a visit.
Transit-type vans and trailers must be pre-booked.
|No need to pre-book - cars and small vans||Examples|
standard wheelbase lengths only
|Book in advance - larger vans and trailers||Examples|
Household waste disposal permits will not be required until further notice.
When you arrive
- staff will direct you to the unloading area
- handrails will be cleaned regularly to keep customers and site staff safe
- staff will not be available to help you lift due to physical distancing requirements
- stay one metre away from others at all times
- visits should be as brief as possible - sort your waste before you travel
- a limit on the number of vehicles allowed onto the site at any one time and a one in/one out system applied
- only one person per vehicle should exit the vehicle, unless it is absolutely necessary for a second person to assist with lifting and handling
Please be kind to site staff – anyone not following site rules will be asked to leave.
- non-recyclable general waste - this is only for items such as black bag waste that cannot be recycled.
- cans, cartons and plastic bottles and tubs
- car batteries
- cooking or engine oil
- fluorescent tubes and lightbulbs
- garden waste
- gas bottles (butane/propane)
- glass bottles and jars
- small helium gas canisters, used for inflating balloons. (Before disposal please release any remaining helium outdoors to ensure canisters are empty and there is no residual pressure in the cylinder).
- household batteries
- scrap metal
- small electrical items
- soil and turf
- textiles (shoes, clothes and handbags)
- white goods such and fridges and freezers
Coronavirus contaminated waste must be double-bagged and stored securely for 72 hours before bringing it to site.
If you are throwing out bulky household items that you can't take to a recycling centre, the household special uplift service is available.
Soil enhancer is available from this site.
Householders can collect up to three bags a day, using their own bags.
Transit-type vans and trailers must pre-book and all customers must have a pre-paid disposal voucher. Details at commercial waste at recycling centres.