Recycling centres are open. Some restrictions remain so that centres can operate in line with national guidelines and advice:
- all visits to Brechin, Carnoustie, Kirriemuir and Monifieth Recycling Centres must be pre-booked
- transit-type vans and trailers are only accepted at Arbroath, Forfar and Montrose and visits must be pre-booked
- general waste is only accepted at Arbroath, Forfar and Montrose
- commercial waste is only accepted at Arbroath, Forfar and Montrose
Click on the link for locations and opening times:
- Brechin (bookings only)
- Carnoustie (bookings only)
- Kirriemuir (bookings only)
- Monifieth (bookings only)
You need to book an appointment for household waste in cars and small vans at these recycling centres:
Or commercial or household waste in Transit-type vans or trailers at:
You don't need to book visits for cars or small vans at these three centres. A pre-paid commercial waste ticket must be presented for any disposal of commercial waste.
Bookings can only be made online.
Give others a chance to book by not reserving multiple visits in a short time frame.
Once you’ve booked we’ll email you a booking reference. Show it to the site attendant on your phone or print-out. If someone books on your behalf you can note your reference on a piece of paper.
Why we are introducing a booking system
Booking systems are being put in place to ensure the free-flow of traffic through centres and allow us to open all our recycling centres.
Until now we have used a traffic management plan and a one in/ one out system to ensure physical distancing. This requires additional staff.
- we do not have enough staff to do this at all centres
- traffic management outwith some smaller sites would be difficult
- transit-type vans and trailers take longer to unload and take up more space when queuing. This increases potential traffic disruption. This is why these vehicles must book in and can only visit Arbroath, Forfar or Montrose recycling centres.
Commercial waste is accepted at Arbroath, Forfar and Montrose recycling centres only.
Current guidance on commercial waste at recycling centres.