Recycling centres are open. Some restrictions remain so that centres can operate in line with national guidelines and advice:
- all visits to Brechin, Carnoustie, Kirriemuir and Monifieth Recycling Centres must be pre-booked (Transit-type vans and trailers now accepted)
- visits for transit-type vans and trailers at Arbroath, Forfar and Montrose must be pre-booked
- general waste is only accepted at Arbroath, Forfar and Montrose
Click on the link for locations and opening times:
- Brechin (bookings only)
- Carnoustie (bookings only)
- Kirriemuir (bookings only)
- Monifieth (bookings only)
All visits (household and commercial waste) to the following centres must be pre-booked:
You must also pre-book if visiting the following centres with a Transit-type van or trailer (household and commercial waste):
You don't need to book visits for cars or small vans at these three centres. A pre-paid commercial waste ticket must be presented for any disposal of commercial waste.
Bookings can only be made online.
Once you’ve booked we’ll email you a booking reference. Show it to the site attendant on your phone or print-out. If someone books on your behalf you can note your reference on a piece of paper.
Why we are introducing a booking system
Booking systems have been put in place to ensure the free-flow of traffic through centres and allow us to open all our recycling centres.
At larger centres we have used a traffic management plan and a one in/ one out system to ensure physical distancing. This requires additional staff.
- we do not have enough staff to do this at all centres
- traffic management outwith some smaller sites would be difficult
- transit-type vans and trailers take longer to unload and take up more space when queuing. This increases potential traffic disruption. This is why these vehicles must book in advance at all centres.
Current guidance on commercial waste at recycling centres.