Monifieth recycling centre
We don't accept non-recyclable (general) waste. Take this to Arbroath, Forfar or Montrose.
Do not visit if you have COVID-19 symptoms or are self-isolating.
- Monday: 10am to 4pm (closed 12:30pm to 1pm)
- Tuesday: 10am to 4pm (closed 12:30pm to 1pm)
- Wednesday: closed
- Thursday (April to September): 1pm to 7pm (closed 4:30pm to 5pm)
- Thursday (October to March) 10am to 4pm (closed 12:30pm to 1pm)
- Friday: closed
- Saturday: 10am to 4pm (closed 12:30pm to 1pm)
- Sunday: 10am to 4pm (closed 12:30pm to 1pm)
Recycling centres at Arbroath and Carnoustie are open on Wednesdays and Fridays.
Vehicles and booking
|No need to pre-book - cars and small vans||Examples|
standard wheelbase lengths only
Transit-type vans and trailers
Must be pre-booked:
|Must book in advance - larger vans and trailers||Examples|
Larger vehicles such as larger horse boxes or motorhomes
Vehicles exceeding 3.5 tonnes gross vehicle weight, are not permitted. They can cause congestion and fill up skips, inconveniencing other site users.
Safety and assistance
Sort your waste before you travel so:
- your visit is as brief is possible
- you put the right stuff in the right skip
When you arrive
Staff will ask what items you have with you then direct you to the unloading area.
They may also ask you to fill in a form to certify your waste is not commercial waste.
Staff will offer help and advice. However you are responsible for offloading your waste (including bulky or heavy items) and ensuring it goes in the right container.
Please stay one metre away from others at all times and be kind to site staff.
Anyone not following site rules will be asked to leave.
- No wheeled bins - emptying wheeled bins into skips is unsafe
- Ensure that you are finished offloading any material before closing time
No pedestrian access. The volume of traffic entering and leaving the centre can make pedestrian access unsafe.
Help with unloading items
Please bring someone with you if you need help offloading items at the centre.
We are unable to provide physical assistance. This is so we can:
- manage the risk of injury to our staff
- make sure they are available to monitor site rules are being followed
- ensure staff are visible to visitors requiring advice