Home adaptations

Adaptations are changes to your home that help you and your family live independently with privacy, confidence and dignity.


Council tenant

Angus Council are responsible for meeting the cost of the works you need.

Housing Association

If you live in a housing association property your landlord will be responsible for meeting the costs of the works you need.

Owner occupier/private tenant

As an owner-occupier/private tenant you are entitled to grant assistance for at least 80% of any eligible works required.

Depending on what benefits you receive you could be entitled to 100% grant funding. You can contact your occupational therapist for general information and advice on funding arrangements. You can also seek independent financial advice.

Please be aware that you cannot access grant funding through Angus Council without support from the occupational therapy service. There is no guarantee of full or part funding if you proceed with works on your own and thereafter submit a grant application.